Faculty/Staff Permit Renewal Instructions
- July 1st: 2013-14 permits are available on our website (click on Purchase a Permit) and in our office (1508 Center Avenue).
- Early permit renewals are available in our office starting May 1st (not available online). To purchase your 2013-14 permit early, you must bring in your 2012-13 permit to our office (1508 Center Avenue) to exchange it for your 2013-14 permit.
- August 1st: 2013-14 permits are required to park in non-student lots.
- August 26th (First Day of Classes): Permits required in all student parking lots: Q, W, X, and Z permit lots, and motorcycle stalls.
- ALL OTHER REGULATIONS ARE ENFORCED YEAR ROUND.
Faculty/Staff Parking Permit Prices
- School year A, B, or H permits for Vehicles: $261.00
- School year J service zone permit for Vehicles: $316.00
- Fall semester only A permit for Vehicles: $148.00
- School year permit for Motorcycles/Mopeds: $124.00
- Shipping Charges
- Home Delivery by USPS: No Charge
- Home Delivery by UPS (2 Day): $15.50
- In-Office Pickup: No Charge
- On confirmation of medical need, Permits for ADA Compliant parking are available.
- Only one vehicle permit allowed per employee.
- Permits are only valid when displayed unobstructed in your vehicle or on your motorcycle.
- Permits are valid in any vehicle operated by the applicant.
- Giving or selling a permit to another person will result in a "Misuse of Permit" citation, and revocation of permit.
- Applicants are responsible for all citations issued to vehicles displaying their permit.
- Permits are the Property of Colorado State University – Parking and Transportation Services.
- Applicants wanting to transfer their permit between a motorcycle and a vehicle can obtain a transferable locking device for $15.00 in our Office. With this device, motorcycle owners can transfer their regular vehicle permit back and forth between their regular vehicle and their motorcycle.
- Even when using the locking device, motorcycles may only park in motorcycle-designated stalls. Motorcycles may park in a meter or pay station stall upon payment to the device.
- For convertibles, soft-top Jeeps, and un-lockable vehicles, you should obtain a transferable locking device for $15.00 to secure the permit to the vehicle.
Applying Parking Permits and Where You Can Park
- When you receive your parking permit it is best to immediately place it in your vehicle.
- Peel the liner from the face of permit and apply the permit to the inside of your vehicle’s front window on the lower passenger side. Permits are only valid when displayed unobstructed.
- The standard vehicle permits are designed to peel off and reaffix should you need to change vehicles.
- Be aware of what lots your permit is valid in. Valid lots are listed on the back of your permit and here on our website.
- Parking Spaces Are “First Come - First Serve”
- Please be aware that parking near your office is not guaranteed. Availability can vary by time of day and day of the week. In addition to the regular weekly pattern, special events on campus may impact parking in your area. Please reference the campus map to find where you can park in the event your usual parking is not available.
- Construction projects on campus can often affect parking. Be sure to check the construction updates on our home page for temporary and long term changes that may not be reflected on our campus map.
- Visitors to campus must abide by all parking regulations
- Daily permits good in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots are available in our office at 1508 Center Avenue, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm with extended hours until 5:30 pm on Tuesday, for $8.00 a day. Departments may submit a Kulai IO to have daily permits on hand for department visitors.
- Most A and Z permit lots only require permits until 4:00 PM. Q, W, and X permit lots require permits until 8:00 PM. A, Q, W, X, and Z permit lots only require permits M-F, not on Saturday or Sunday (excluding the Parking Garage which is enforced 24/7).
- Meter, Pay-to-Park, and Pay-by-Space parking is available (see Campus Map areas marked in Orange) in many places on campus at $1.25 per hour.
Permit Application Forms
'H' (ADA)^, and
'M' (motorcycle) permits may be purchased online.
If you require another type of permit (including 'J'
service zone permits+,
'D' doctor permits, or
'AD' admin reserved permits) you will need
to purchase your permit in person at the Parking Services office in the southwest corner of the Lake Street Garage. For your convenience, you can download and print the form(s)
below, complete all of the relevant sections, and bring the completed forms with you.
If you are applying for an 'H' (ADA)
permit, you MUST have a valid permanent medical authorization on file. Please have your Physician fill out a Medical Permit Application Form and return it to our office. Permanent
medical aurhorizations do not have to be renewed.
If you are applying for a 'J'
service zone permit, you MUST have your Department Head or Director email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the reasons why you need a
'J' service zone permit, and a description of the duties
which warrant close proximity parking.