Faculty/Staff Permit Renewal Instructions
- July 1st: 2015-16 permits are available on our website.
- August 1st: 2015-16 permits are required to park in non-student lots.
- August 24th (First Day of Classes): Permits required in all student parking lots: Q, W, X, and Z permit lots, and motorcycle stalls.
- ALL OTHER REGULATIONS ARE ENFORCED YEAR ROUND.
Faculty/Staff Parking Permit Prices
- School year A, B, or H permits for Vehicles: $442.00
- School year J service zone permit for Vehicles: $532.00
- Fall semester only A or B permit for Vehicles: $244.00
- School year permit for Motorcycles/Mopeds/Scooters: $206.00
- On confirmation of medical need, Permits for ADA Compliant parking are available.
- Only one vehicle permit allowed per employee.
- Multiple license plates can be registered to one permit, but only one vehicle can park on campus at any given time.
- Permits are issued for the sole use of the applicant and cannot be transferred to another person.
- Applicants are responsible for all citations issued to vehicles linked to their permit.
- Motorcycles may only park in motorcycle-designated stalls. Motorcycles may park in a meter or pay station stall upon payment to the device.
- Low power scooters (under 50 cc or 4476 watts) operated in Colorado must be registered with the State of Colorado and must park in designated motorcycle parking and have a valid CSU parking permit.
License Plate Recognition (LPR) Enforcement of Virtual Permits
- CSU uses a license plate based permit system.
- Any number of vehicles may be registered to a single permit, but only one vehicle may park on campus at any time.
- Permit holders are required to register the license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker (for scooters) of any vehicle they park on campus.
- Customers may link the license plate, temporary tag or registration sticker for their vehicle at any time through our website (follow the links for Manage My Permit and click on View Permit from the menu). Vehicles no longer being used may be removed at any time.
- Rental, loaner, or other vehicles borrowed for a short time, must be deleted promptly.
- Parking on campus will be monitored through a camera system attached to Parking and Transportation Services vehicles that will scan license plates and compare them to virtual permits.
- If you need to re-add a license plate or if the website gives you an error, contact Parking immediately. Please call, email, or stop by our office so that we can assist you with your problem in a timely fashion so you do not receive a citation.
Where You Can Park
- Be aware of what lots your permit is valid in. Valid lots are listed in the permit description and here on our website.
- Parking Spaces Are “First Come - First Serve”
- Please be aware that parking near your office is not guaranteed. Availability can vary by time of day and day of the week. In addition to the regular weekly pattern, special events on campus may impact parking in your area. Please reference the campus map to find where you can park in the event your usual parking is not available.
- Construction projects on campus can often affect parking. Be sure to check the construction updates on our home page for temporary and long term changes that may not be reflected on our campus map.
- Visitors to campus must abide by all parking regulations
- Daily permits good in A, Q, W, X, and Z lots are available in our office at 1508 Center Avenue, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm with extended hours until 5:30 pm on Tuesday, for $10.00 a day. Departments may submit a Kulai IO to have daily permits on hand for department visitors.
- Most A and Z permit lots only require permits until 4:00 PM. Q, W, and X permit lots require permits until 8:00 PM. A, Q, W, X, and Z permit lots only require permits M-F, not on Saturday or Sunday (excluding the Parking Garage which is enforced 24/7).
- Meter, Pay-to-Park, and Pay-by-Space parking is available (see Campus Map areas marked in Orange) in many places on campus at $1.50 per hour.
'H' (ADA)^, and
'M' (motorcycle) permits may be purchased online.
If you require another type of permit (including 'J'
service zone permits+,
'D' doctor permits, or
'AD' admin reserved permits) you will need
to purchase your permit in person at the Parking Services office in the southwest corner of the Lake Street Garage. For your convenience, you can download and print the form(s)
below, complete all of the relevant sections, and bring the completed forms with you.
If you are applying for an 'H' (ADA)
permit, you MUST have a valid permanent medical authorization on file. Please have your Physician fill out a Medical Permit Application Form and return it to our office. Permanent
medical aurhorizations do not have to be renewed.
If you are applying for a 'J'
service zone permit, you MUST have your Department Head or Director email us at
email@example.com with your name, the reasons why you need a
'J' service zone permit, and a description of the duties
which warrant close proximity parking.